I just wrote about how going to graduate school will pay off, now it is time to talk about how to apply. Warner’s next admissions deadline is June 15. Admitted students from this application cycle can begin classes in the Fall.
Given my 6 year hiatus from anything academic, I was nervous about the application process. The following questions ran through my mind: Who would I choose for my recommenders? Would my writing be good enough? Should I waive my right access my admissions documents? How do I get my transcript from my Alma Mater? Luckily, Warner doesn’t require the GRE!
In reality and nerves aside, Warner’s application process is actually simple and straightforward. The requirements are below.
As a reminder, tonight, June 4, Warner is holding an information session at the Beer Market from 5-7 PM.
- Application fee of $50 (USD) is required when you submit your application.
- Please scan and upload your transcripts to the online application. (Official transcripts of all previous post-secondary education are required if admitted to the program.)
- Letters of recommendationfrom members of the academic community and/or workplace professionals who know your qualifications for graduate study are required. Preferably, at least one recommendation should be from a former professor. At least two letters are required for master’s applicants and three for doctoral applicants. Letters of recommendation are managed on the online application.
- A statement of purposedescribing your academic or professional background and your interest in pursuing graduate study at Warner is required. The statement of purpose is generally between two and four pages, double-spaced. You can upload a file or cut and paste into the online application.
- Current résumé or curriculum vitae should be uploaded to the online application.
- A writing sample.This must be written in English and may be a term paper from your earlier academic work, or a five- or six-page commentary on an issue in education that you have written for this purpose only. The paper should support an academic argument, reference citations, and use a research style sheet. Again this should be uploaded.
- Additional admission and certification requirementsapply for some programs and must accompany your application.
- Applicants to the accelerated EdD program are required to complete an additional personal narrative as outlined in the application, which should be uploaded.
- Initial teaching certification applicants and second certification applicants must complete an Admissions Content Preparation Review and upload it to the online application.
- TOEFL or IELTS scoresare required for international applicants who are non-native English speakers. The TOEFL code for the Warner School is 7614.Note: GRE scores are not required. However, should you elect to submit scores, they will be considered by the Admissions Committee. Applicants who are interested in applying for certain University-wide scholarships at the doctoral level are encouraged to submit GRE scores. The GRE code for the University of Rochester is 2928.